View Single Post

Old 07-14-2012, 05:02 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Nightowl,

Your suggestion sounds good; I think I'm making a mountain out of a mole hole, I really do. For some time now, I've been trying to learn all I could about revolver timing and the interaction between the hand and the ratchet. I'm frustrated trying to find out information about the mechanical interaction. I need to know how, why, and what happens between the time you pull the trigger to when the hammer falls.

Out of curiosity, I looked into hand problems and what is required to replace one. I can't find a clear-cut explanation of how to replace a hand. I've got Kuhnhausen's Shop Manual and Sweeney's Gunsmithing book. I've even scoured the internet and various forums - no luck. I looked into installing an "oversized" hand and the confusion just got deeper and more frustrating. I just didn't understand Power Custom's directions and the reference drawings aren't labeled. One obvious thing I noticed is that the tip of the hand currently in my 28 is rather triangular, but the one I got from Power Customs is rectangular. Why the difference?

Thanks for the info and for listening to me ramble.

David K.