View Single Post

Old 07-18-2012, 02:02 PM

Liked 608 Times in 322 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majorlk View Post
If that's ALL one has, one better spend a lot of time and ammo getting proficient at shooting full body targets and keeping all the rounds in the CNS and cranial zones.

I can just hear a prosecutor now asking, "Mr. Jones, why was it necessary to shoot Mr. Dead Guy with all 25 rounds from your assault weapon
?"
I couldn't agree more.

That's exactly why my home defense shotgun looks pretty plain (compared to many others).

Shooting someone several times with a "tricked out" .22lr that you post pictures of on the internet isn't going to help your case.

Another real world example off the .22lr not being able to do the job the way a SD/HD firearm should...

My mother and I work on my grandfather's cattle ranch in Montana (seasonal for me). Two years ago (I was at home in Washington) my mom had to put a four month old sick/crippled calf down. She grabbed the old model 62A off the fireplace and headed out to the corral. The thing couldn't move and she was within ten yards of him. She put three rounds right between the eyes. It didn't work. The forth shot finally did him in. This was an ideal situation, which wouldn't be the case in a home invasion where the other end is able to shoot back. I know a cow isn't a human, but it still taught her a lot about the right tool for the job. I was sent out to do the same three days ago (with my .44mag rifle), but he was allready gone. I hate that part of being a rancher.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: