View Single Post

Old 07-19-2012, 11:46 AM

Liked 15 Times in 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQLS1 View Post
It's easier to be more accurate with a SA trigger as the pull is shorter and lighter. Also, the heavier gun will absorb recoil more readily. Why as the 1911 been so popular for over 100 years? It's easy to shoot well with it.
I was thinking about the SA vs. DA possibility, but once I load the chamber on the 4567 it shoots in SA mode until the clip is empty. During my hour-long range session, I pretty much shot both pistols in SA mode exclusively.

I'm with you on the heavier gun theory, and the fact that there's a reason why the 1911 has been so popular for so long. I just didn't want to discount the accuracy of the 4567 in the right hands. If I can hope to expect that those "right hands" will be mine some day, then I'll just keep at it (and still keep the SW1911 on my Christmas list).

Nice graphic, BTW! That's a keeper! I forgot to mention that I'm a leftie. Does the graphic still apply to me, or should I flip it horizontally in Photoshop?

EDIT: Found the left-hander version online (thank you Google):

Ref: New High Resolution Pistol Correction Chart w/ XDTalk logo - XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source!

- Dave

Last edited by ViperGeek; 07-19-2012 at 04:19 PM.