View Single Post

Old 07-19-2012, 06:32 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Unhappy My recent repair work

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLL10mm View Post
I am considering buying an M&P 9mm fullsize next week. IF Anything breaks or goes wrong with it, how is Smith&Wesson at dealing with repair work? Is it an easy process sending a pistol to them? I plan on shooting the M&P A LOT if I buy it. Are there replacement parts available for the M&P? Thanks
I was informed by a random person on YouTube who saw my video detailing my 22a slide issue, that my handgun was under a recall. Since it was 2 issues and both were under warrantee, I contacted S&W about a repair, and was told to use my original case if the issue involved a magazine then to include all of them, and to include a note detailing both issues. Since the issue involved seemed to be that the magazine was not locking high enough in place to trip the locking mechanism, I included both (in case it was a magazine issue) took photos of all I included and attached return mail labels to each piece.
Weeks later I got my gun back, to my shock neither the recall nor the non-locking slide was done, instead the technician took it upon himself to go against the request and instead "replaced the magazine" and to my HORROR, he had kept one of the magazines. So zero of the issues were addressed and I was down by 1 magazine.
My first impulse was to hope to God this was not done just to me, but then realizing if it didn't and this was business as usual and it happened often. I called and spoke to a person on the phone and was told that I could duplicate the first process and send it in for a few more weeks and "hopefully" it would get fixed this time. I'm not accustomed to performing the same behavior & expecting new and improved results.
This has left me extremely uneasy about sending it in a 2nd time, I'm already missing a magazine and when I asked the person on the phone "if I send it in again will they keep the other magazine?" and all he could say was "I hope not", which brought no comfort or assurance.
I am traveling out of state and sent it in, in time to be ready for the trip. It is my most, California legal handgun I own and now with this I can't take it on my trip.
This has left me very concerned if the note was discarded the first time what's to prevent a recurrence?
I still don't have my magazine and it's left me uneasy about getting that back as well.

Last edited by RuxpinGEJ; 07-19-2012 at 06:39 PM. Reason: forgot a line