View Single Post

Old 07-21-2012, 09:12 AM

Liked 4,301 Times in 2,112 Posts

I expect that was 9mm Parabellum you purchased. I've shot a good bit of the 250 packs of the UMC ammo in 40 S&W and 45 ACP recently and about the only deficit I can report is that the primers are a bit harder to ignite than Federal or Speer ammo's. BTW, I have 610 and 625 revolvers that were tuned to function perfectly with the Federal and Speer ammo's but had to re-tune the triggers for the Remington. Other than that I've found nothing at all wrong with the UMC target loads, accuracy is quite good and while it's a bit dirtier than the Federal it's not nearly as dirty to shoot as WWB.

Bottomline, at that price I would have done my best to buy out the store. Unfortunately all my 9mm handguns are 38 caliber revolvers and I'm sure you didn't find any 38 spl. at that price, it's normally about double 9mm parabellum.

PSS: if you found that bargain at Fin, Feather, and Fur I'm not surprized. Just wish they would open a store in Michigan because I only get on to their ammo bargains when visiting family in Ohio.
The Following User Likes This Post: