View Single Post

Old 07-25-2012, 12:54 AM

Liked 1,460 Times in 644 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Rego View Post
I recently bought a Model 65-3 3" RB S&W and wanted a pair of Pachmayr Compac grips for it. The new ones with the medallion had the advantage of being molded in one piece, i.e. the rear part that covers the grip strap is solid and you pry the two sides open like a clam and wiggle the grips into place. That means no annoying seam in the palm of your hand. The bad news is that they no longer have a blind screw escutcheon on the left side and they have those hideous medallions. I ended up paying almost as much for an older 2 piece/non medallion set as the new ones go for, and have to live with the minor gap/uneven rear seam.
I have a set of K Frame SB Presentations that are one piece, w/o blind screw escutcheon and w/o the medallion that that I purchased new in 1978. I also have a set of J frame Compacs I purchased about the same time that are made the same way. They show some wear but still work great. About 10-12 years ago a bought a M49 that had a set of one piece Professionals on it that also have a medallion.