View Single Post

Old 07-25-2012, 09:46 PM

Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Default For concealed carry, the weapon is half of the equation...

Let me preface this post with the following:

I am a diehard S&W revolver fan. I have four Governors and two S&W 625 JMs. I could not be happier in my choice of wheel guns... To me, anything .45 is preferable to anything less... It is because of my affinity for these pieces, that their carriage is of paramount importance to me...

I'm a Big Fan of De Santis holsters, and have them for my Governors, via S&W's Store:

Product: RH Tan Dual Angle Holster for S&W Governor

and

Product: LH Tan Dual Angle Holster for S&W Governor

I wear both in cross draw mode, and because of their weight distribution, use suspenders and belt. Otherwise, I'd be sans weapons AND shorts or slacks... They ride well, are comfortable, and draw well seated in my FJ Cruiser, or when walking my dogs. First loads are two rds of .410 2 1/2" 000 Buck, followed by four rds of .45 Colt 200gr Corbon SCHP. Reloads are full moon clips of 230gr PDX1 .45acp.

For open carry, I've found Simply Rugged's holsters to be exemplary. Comfortable, carried also cross draw, my holsters sport three cartridge loops on each side of the revolver. The loops are filled with .410 2 1/2" 000 Buck. The revolvers carry two rds of #6 shot .410 2 1/2", followed by 4rds of PDX1 230 gr .45acp.

You can begin here, for Simply Rugged's holsters for the Governor:

Holsters

Fit and finish of Simply Rugged's holsters for the Governor is superb. Likewise, De Santis' holsters for the Governor are also exemplary. I highly recommend both...

OA, out...