View Single Post

Old 07-29-2012, 06:51 AM

Liked 9,446 Times in 4,237 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondo44 View Post
Charlie,

I have not seen or heard of any sight variations on the 196 or any other variations; all the same with pre war sights. The sights do take a little extra effort when one is used to the newer Microclick. But once I dialed mine in to my handloads I never touched them again. I do constantly check the screws for fear of having them work loose and lose them. Smith used the same SAT for them as the transitional KGs, on the left:

When I first heard of them but hadn't seen one I just had to find one and was a bit disappointed to find it was almost all a pre war style gun. I was looking for a match to my Model of 1953 22/32 Kit Guns. But still glad to have it since it's a great match to my pre war KG. And my solution was acguiring the 30-1 target.

Thanks for resurrecting this great old thread.
Uh, uh, yeah, OK. I understand that... hey wait a minute! There's a "30-1 target" variant?? Where did that come from? What is the barrel length of the 30-1 Target? What other features does it have?

You guys keep throwing me curves with all of these exotic variations I have never seen. Where does it end??

Froggie