View Single Post

Old 08-03-2012, 03:59 PM

Liked 6,944 Times in 3,312 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Lake View Post
I agree with Venomballistics, but he escaped WI for NE so he's missing the great weather....

We have 60 degrees for about 36 hours. We call that season Fall.
Immediately after Fall, we get winter. Winter is anything between 30 and -35. Last Winter we had a lot of the cold -10 to -40 and no snow really to enjoy it.
Spring comes in April and lasts about 3 days. Then we get summer. This one is a doosey with temps always above 90 and humidity at about 90%. Next week we are supposed to be in the 80's and I'm looking forward to it.

I actually fly to Denver in the winter to warm up. The mountains are unbelievably warm compared to WI.
the difference can be amusing. while I was moving one trip up nort just about recaptured me. snow was starting to fall when I rolled out and by the time I slipped winters grasp the trusty steed was well caked in snow.
pressing on, non stop as I usualy do I ended up pulling into the parking lot at the apartment complex where the wife and I used to be with the car STILL caked in snow and getting strange looks in the 75 degree weather.
You'd think it would all melt and blow off by then .. but it don't