View Single Post

Old 08-05-2012, 03:55 PM

Liked 311 Times in 170 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag318 View Post
Ordering online without being able to physically examine any firearm can be risky, but sometimes there is no other option. A least if you do get a canted barrel S&W will correct it even though it's a hassle. It's a shame so many revolvers are leaving the factory like this. I was looking at several 686s at my LGS and 3 out of 5 had canted barrels.
Three out of five had canted barrels! That sounds like alot more than one in a thousand. I can appreciate your concern but I would think that you could advise your FFL transfer person to take a look at the barrel and if there is a cant send it back because you will not accept it.
I find it more than just a hassle having to send a brand new gun back to S&W to be adjusted after spending the kind of money you do for a quality gun from a premier gun manufacturer. I realize that nothing is "perfect" but come on, a canted barrel is too obvious a defect to allow it to get out the factory door.
I consider myself to be a loyal S&W customer but I refuse to be taken advantage of. I want what I paid for no more no less.