View Single Post

Old 09-02-2012, 06:43 AM
US Veteran

Liked 542 Times in 218 Posts

I'm a big fan of Galco. There are two different carry holsters, the vertical and horizontal. The vertical can be had as a system; for a four inch K-Frame, it's called the VHS104. Galco doesn't list a vertical for the three inch, but the S1H-114 (right hand, 115 for the southpaws) Frank mentioned will fit almost any barrel length as it's open ended. I tried the S1H horizontal for my four inch and the barrel simply sticks out too much, however, I would think this would be a perfect setup for the 3" K-frames. The nice thing is that you can order all pieces separately or in that one horizontal setup and mix and match later (that's what I did).

Also, as an alternative, you could order up that S1H with the half harness with belt clip. It's lightweight, less restrictive and cost effective, I use it with the vertical holster these days. It comes in R/L and black and brown. I do have the right hand brown and really like it. There are a lot of holster and shoulder makers out there, but I really like Galco, can't say enough good about their holsters.

Below is a 547 (4" K-frame) with VHS-104 system; it came with speedloader pouches also.

I might add I tried the 5.11 pouch shirt also. It was hot and restrictive and not too comfortable although my 547 carried well in it. I think a size larger than normal might work better. It's a "closet queen" like Will's.

The Following User Likes This Post: