View Single Post

Old 09-06-2012, 05:41 PM
Banned

Liked 1,451 Times in 555 Posts

I will say I agree with the thoughts on Barnes rallying against lead bullets. I'm going to research that, that was news to me. If I find and I have no reason to think I won't, Barnes has been pushing the no lead agenda, I will have to reconsider supporting anything he makes, whether it works or not.

I'll happily admit you've educated me on that aspect of the issue. My post was based on the fact I don't post offhand info on something that can get a man killed. Some go with whatever American Rifleman is pushing this week and jump on here touting it. I actually spend hours researching what works and what does not, including my own shooting tests. I'm sorry if I went off, but it touched a nerve, so many people just assume and critique this issue, without a clue about actual fact.

As for the rifle ammo, I distance shoot, so the thought of using Barnes has never even crossed my mind. I have no reason to debate it's worth. If you say it sucks, so be it. I know my Dad kept shooting deer with that Hornady Flex tip **** and they kept running off. He was going to give up on the .308, which was silly. I switched him to a good old Winchester round and they started dropping like being hit with a bat. So I'm familiar with the fact some magazines/authors will say anything about whatever is pushed at the moment, that's why I check myself.

Maybe that makes my approach clearer.....