View Single Post

Old 09-06-2012, 10:21 PM

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Alright, I don't mean to bore anyone who might read this whenever I update but I like to put my findings somewhere that someone else might be able to use them for their own research.

Anyways, over this past weekend I sent another 116 down range through the Sigma. Ammo was a mag's worth of WWB 115 grain FMJ's and 100 rounds of Remington UMC, 115 grain FMJ's. The WWB fired like all the others had in the past. No failure to report. However, the UMC's didn't like to feed well.

Before I had fired any rounds, I had compared the ammo side by side and the UMC ammo seemed to have a shorter OAL than the WWB. That being said, it was very noticeable that the nose of the rounds were nose-diving into the feed ramp instead of going into the chamber. This happened maybe 5 or 6 times through the 100 rounds from Remington. A tap to the back of the slide would help the rounds into the chamber and they would fire normally.

I also want to mention I that was not the only one firing the 9. I had a friend with me who has shot a lot of pistols and he was having the same issue with the same ammo. All that being said, I'm inclined to say this was more of an ammo issue than it was a firearm issue.

I'm no expert so if anyone thinks my diagnosis to the issue is a little off, please...let me know. I'm always willing to learn and welcome any input you may have. Thanks guys.