View Single Post

Old 09-14-2012, 12:05 PM

Liked 230 Times in 149 Posts

I think part of the problem was that the last time I was shooting, and noticing this, was indoors, where the lighting is not that great. I was shooting on an orange target, with small green bullseye, and really can't see the bullseye at all without magnification. So I'm trying to center the peep hole on the target, and centering the front sight on both. Holding the gun and looking outside through the sights, the peep hole doesn't look so large, now.

Near as I can tell, the hole is about 0.067" in diameter, and the sight radius about 14.25". That means that if held ANYWHERE within the circular sight, it could result in hits within a 4.23" circle at 25 yards, or 17" circle at 100 yards. I shoot somewhat better than that, so obviously I'm somewhat centered in the circle.

I realize this type of sight is intended for rapid target acquisition, but I'm not in that business, being strictly a paper-puncher (as well as golf balls and other such inanimate targets). I guess I really need something more like a target sight. If they make a folding one that isn't /that/ expensive.

Or, I can just be happy with what I'm hitting (and not hitting), and use the red dot and scope when I want to shoot better.