View Single Post

Old 09-28-2012, 11:42 PM

Liked 331 Times in 221 Posts

I have the following Power Custom Combat's:
686-1, 610 ND, and 625-3.

Ron has done almost enough work on my 64-2 to mark it as a Power Custom Combat also.

Ron was the Second Gunsmith to be selected as the Pistol Smith of the Year by the Pistol Smith Guild.
Jim Clark Sr was the first. Clark was best known for 45 Auto work. Ron is best known for his Revolver work.

Ron can do amazing things to both Smith & Wesson, as well as Ruger Revolvers. Ron tuned up my brothers Willy Clapp GP100. I would never have believed you could make a GP100 that smooth.

Any revolver Ron has worked on should be a Dream to shoot, if it has not been shot to death.

I am planning on having Ron do his majic on my 686-5 in the near future. Ron is pretty much retired now days, and his son runs the Power Custom business. However Ron can be talked into working on Old Customers guns now and again. I took my first revolver to Ron over 20 years ago. Every revolver of mine he has worked on runs like a Swiss Watch.

My recomendation is to gather it up, and keep it.

There is a reason they do not come up for sale very often. The owners do not die all that often.
The three I listed above are not for sale. If someone else owns them it will probably be when my wife sells them after I pass away. Then again she will probably give them to the kids.

Bob