View Single Post

Old 09-29-2012, 02:27 PM

Liked 28 Times in 23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdh View Post
First trip to the range for qualifications with the just picked up from the gun shop on the way 645 convinced both the Lt and I that is was going to be a keeper. We went to to hang new targets after the practice session. Out of the kindness of his heart and "to speed things along" the Lt loaded all our mags for us. What he neglected to tell us was he had loaded an empty case in each mag. He watched as all the others worked to clear the resulting jams. Then he come over to me and asked if I had any jams. I told him I had several rounds that did not fire but no jams. He got a puzzled look and asked to see my 645. He loaded a mag full of empties, inserted the mag, and hand cycled it. It fed every empty case without a hitch.

Some body is going to call BS because as we all know S&W pistols, especially the early ones, are unreliable pieces of junk. But damn I often wish I had that one back.
Mine won't. The feed ramp sits too high so that the empty cases catch on the bottom of it. But put any live round in it, and away it goes.