View Single Post

Old 09-30-2012, 11:04 AM

Liked 931 Times in 440 Posts
Default I'm not buying that gun. I'm not buying that gun. I bought the dang gun.

How many of you go through that. I did. I had made a pledge to myself not to buy guns in 2012 and I did quite well right up to the point when I stopped by my LGS to visit with my gunsmith. Right there on his bench was a S&W model 610. My grail gun. I asked if it was for sale and the answer was yes. So I go out front and cut the deal for purchase. That purchase was soon followed by the purchase of a Sig Scorpion. Just what I need,another 45.

One would think with the purchase of my grail gun and a Sig in 45ACP I would be OK. Alas the gun gods were not done with me. On a visit to another LGS I discovered a Ruger 44mag carbine had just been brought into the shop and of course I just had to have it if for no other reason than the tiger maple stock it was sporting. I discovered on another trip to this same LGS that a model 17-4 was available for purchase. Bought that one too. Of course I just had to stop by one Sunday after a trip to the range to find another 17-4 and a 29-3 with box and tools available for purchase. Of course I bought them. Did you ever have any doubt.

So for a year that I had planned to not buy a gun I've bought five of them and there are 3 months left in the year. Maybe if I'm lucky a model 16-4 will become available as its my new grail gun. One can only hope. Oh no more pledges of not buying guns as it just does not work with me.
The Following 8 Users Like Post: