View Single Post

Old 10-03-2012, 12:55 AM
Absent Comrade

Liked 13,354 Times in 5,549 Posts

Me and my son started off riding the suzuki TS-185's off road. We logged in many hours of off road riding. The learning experience off road has saved our lives many times with the streetbikes.

One morning while on the way to work my son had many deer infront of him when he came around a blind turn. He tee boned one and put her up on the handle bars before he stopped. She totalled the bike and she ran off ok. My son kept the bike straight up till he stopped unharmed. Its good balance from the dirtbikes.

I came around a turn on a highway between the hills which blocked the strong winds on my suzuki 1200 bandit. It blew me across three lanes of highway and while in the tarred shoulder I slammed the left peg to gain weight on that side of the bike for traction and it stopped just intime as i pulled out of the turn. I did not have any wind across the front of the bike before that.

I been eyeing the russian ural motorcycle with the side car above here. Its a copy of a '39 BMW with a live rear axle. I was riding a dual sport bike all winter with ice screws on the road. I would ride in snow storms and ice storms too being street legal. Its a rush riding in 10 degree weather too.

Like i said its all the experience with the dirtbikes that saved our lives on the street bikes.

I use seafoam in my gas to keep it fresh during the winters storage with my streetbikes(1200)

Before i got sick i had 25 vintage restored husqvarna dirtbikes, one 1200 suzuki bandit, one TE610e husqvarna dual sport and one quad. I put 25k on the bandit the first year, 1200 miles on the TE610e and 2500 miles on the quad. We were never home except to sleep.

Last edited by BigBill; 10-03-2012 at 01:03 AM.