View Single Post

Old 10-06-2012, 03:01 PM
US Veteran
SWCA Member
Absent Comrade

Liked 416 Times in 146 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by opoefc View Post
Joe, Fred and I went way back to the days when he was writing his cartridge books and visited my antique gun shop for specimens, etc. and we would swap "war stories" about his combat adventures in WW2 Europe. His S&W book on the top break big frames was pretty much complete except for photos of the guns. I tried for several years to locate examples of the type of guns you collect, and others, for photos that Fred could use, but with little success. Maybe somebody like yourself could pick up the effort where Fred left off and complete his book. Ed.
You are right, but we probably need to take the balance of this conversation off line. [email protected]

I actually have more cyrillic marked Smiths than any other collector I've heard of, and more than most, if not all, of the Museums in Russia - at least that's what my Russian friends tell me. I've heard of a collection in Finland that may have more examples, but not the diversity. I will try to share photos and information here as time goes by.
Joe
The Following User Likes This Post: