Thread: Shield vs XDs
View Single Post

Old 10-13-2012, 09:48 AM
US Veteran

Liked 1,358 Times in 451 Posts

I don't think you can go wrong with either caliber. The 45acp has a cult like following and the XDs just gives us another concealed carry option. To me the Shield 9 and M&P9c are near perfect carry options but I do like the idea of a small 45 also, and the XDs is an attractive package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKC View Post
I think there is just a point of diminishing returns when trying to put larger calibers in smaller handguns. The obvious first sacrifice is capacity, followed by recoil. (Felt recoil is a subjective element, of course...some feel it more, some don't as much.)

While I personally favor the .45 ACP round, I prefer it in a 1911 (Commander or Full Size), a SIG P220, or a M&P 45 (FS or C.) I have looked at the XDs in a local shop, and it is just too small, IMO. For me, the Shield 9mm is the best concealed carry pistol I have ever had.

For home defense, or for times when I am just carrying in my car and not on me, I still prefer a .45 as mentioned above. However, for the right combination of round and size for a CCW pistol, I think the Shield 9mm is it for me.
The Following User Likes This Post: