View Single Post

Old 10-13-2012, 07:17 PM

Liked 29,156 Times in 14,097 Posts

I found a very nice Remingtom Model 12 (ca. 1920s) at an estate sale about 7 years ago for, I think, about $200. I am happy I bought it, it is a great .22 pump and one of my favorites. I did have to re-finish the wood, as the varnish was wrinkled. If you can't find a Win M61, go for a used Remington 12 if you can find one. I don't think the Remington 12s (several versions were made) have yet been discovered like the Winchester pumps. I also bought one of the Taurus replicas of the Winchester M63 .22 semi at about the same time. It is very well made, and if you didn't read the stampings on the barrel, you would think it was a Winchester 63. Only problem was that the stock was a little rough and dull. Not walnut, some kind of stained South American wood, I guess. I refinished it, and it now looks far better, but not like Winchester's wood. I don't know, but I think that Taurus .22 has been discontinued. I sure do not see them anymore. Also a good buy if you want a Win 63 but can't afford a real one.

Last edited by DWalt; 10-14-2012 at 03:58 PM.