View Single Post

Old 10-15-2012, 10:35 PM

Liked 112 Times in 68 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithman 10 View Post
Dang! I was fixing to go shoot either my Sport or my Colt tomorrow but I stumbled on this thread and read the whole thing and now I'm plumb tired out!

But if I should get up enough energy to visit the range, which of these two rifles should I take? I'm all confused now.

Seriously, I bet I'm like most of the posters who are just shooting these rifles for recreation so in the grand scheme of things, what's all the fuss about?

Of course, I would like to know which rifle is likely to be the most reliable so that if I ever had to use one for "serious" purposes I'd know which one to grab!

I know I've posted these photos of my two "modern sporting rifles" many times but I never get tired of showing them off. Second photo shows the other side of the Colt.

Shoot both! :-)

To be honest, I do not own a single "factory" built AR. I prefer to build my own and hand select each and every part. There isn't a spring, detent to screw in my AR that I don't know where it came from. After many years in this industry as an armorer, dealer, consultant and trainer I have come to realization that I don't want a disgruntled, underpaid guy at some company building my AR. YMMV.

C4