View Single Post

Old 10-22-2012, 12:21 PM

Liked 212 Times in 87 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Frederick Bell View Post
Not Gettsyburg, but I had two such experiences several years ago at Shiloh. The lesser was on the Sunken Road, but the kicker was standing on the edge of Bloody Pond.

I don't know if it was a sense of evil. It was decidedly out of place. Especially when you feel the temperature drop in the middle of summer and the birds go quiet.
The Alamo and the Arizona both fill me with a sense of terror and great apprehension...almost like I was there...bulls**t detector goes into over drive

Many years ago I worked parttime for a guy that owned two OTR 18 wheelers. We were on our way home between Claude and Clarindon and he sees a large cardboard box in the road...ordinarily he would have run over it and gone on...for some reason he went around it and immediately locked his rig down and I did the same thing leaving the box between us...he bails out his tractor and runs back to the box and pulls a three year old out of it...

The reaming he gave the mother when he found her is still very vivid in my mind....he was physically ill and vomited several times before we left the area...

Why he chose to go around that box and not run over it as I had seen him do a hundred times....?
The Following 4 Users Like Post: