View Single Post

Old 10-22-2012, 09:19 PM

Liked 7,058 Times in 3,362 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by captorquewrench View Post
Last Wednesday I was getting ready for choir rehearsal.

I was in the church alone which is almost always creepy (go figure, the two places I love most and are happiest when filled with people...church and school....the scariest when you are alone. ALWAYS, no matter which church or school and double strike if it is a church school, but I digress)

I was using the sanctuary piano to play through some tunes before rehearsal to see if they were anything I'd want us to sightread that night. I usually just read them in my head instead of playing them but I was in the mood to play plinky plink.

Anyway...one tune, it was "the First Noel" mashed up with Pachelbel's Canon. As I played it, that creepy being watched feeling started up.

I decided to ignore it since I was at church and always feel watched in there, but it was getting bad.

As I continued to play, I became aware of a female voice singing along. I could hear the words even.

Only that song. I was the only one in that building. The bell director was in the other building setting up for his rehearsal.

Anyway, that song, every time I tried to play through it, the feeling of being watched by something not good started up again and I could hear the woman singing.

It quit when senior pastor came in for our meeting.

And I didn't have the choir read that tune either.
I can relate to this, though I didn't find it creepy.
My wife and I were at the church working on getting Oh Holy Night hammered out between the piano and the electric guitar. After the piece turned into a piece of liquid I could hear a third instrument voice covering an epic lovely harmony.
It gave me the sense that the angels of the choir wished to welcome me. Every so often I hear that angel voice. Using some of its harmony elements has made for some astonishing "improv"