View Single Post

Old 10-25-2012, 10:29 PM
US Veteran

Liked 488 Times in 170 Posts

I've shot about 350 rounds of Winchester white box and another 60-80 rounds of Winchester PDX ammo in my Bodyguard. The laser is useless in the daylight... in the shadows or very cloudy day I can see it at the 7-yard target. I do better with the fixed sights.

Today the laser didn't work, I thought it was the battery. Took it apart this evening, the laser screw was sheared off. I used a small needle-nose to get it out. The head of the screw is gone, I guess it had been loose for awhile and the spring/recoil rubbed the head off.

Laser still works fine, it just was loose. Glad nothing else jammed up in there. I'll inspect the rest of the internals after I clean it up.

I'll call S&W on Friday to see if they will send me a replacement screw.
If I get a part number I'll post it here.

ETA: recoil spring and other internal parts look fine. Attached some pictures:
John

--

ETA: 10/30/12 received e-mail from S&W saying they would send me a new screw (s). 1-day response to my e-mail (not including weekend).

ETA: 11/3/12 received three new screws from S&W on Friday 11/2. Fast turnaround.

I never actually talked to anyone, I just sent an e-mail to [email protected] explaining the problem and the Serial Number. 1-week turnaround.

Last edited by AR_Black; 11-03-2012 at 02:04 PM. Reason: add SW response