View Single Post

Old 10-27-2012, 06:22 PM

Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Lake View Post
I respect your opinion and your right to not defend yourself. I marvel at the comment "Shooting someone is such a major hassle"
George Zimmerman may be dead right now if he didn't pull his trigger. His case is also unique in a political sense, and remember he was NOT charged until certain activists pressured the local police. That's a different topic, but I think if I am ever forced to use my gun to defend my life, I will gladly take whatever comes next verses leaving a widow and three orphans.
I didn't intend to imply that I wouldn't defend myself.

However, discretion is always the better part of valor. Avoiding a conflict is the best defense. Zimmerman may or may not be dead if he hadn't shot the miscreant. However, to many of us who have been following his case closely and, who agree that he probably was justified under the stand your ground doctrine. Notwithstanding, I believe he was an imbecile who could/should have not pursued when it was clear there was no risk to him. Look at him now.... You don't think he wouldn't prefer to have done things differently? I agree w/you that this is an unusually politically charged case. But to a lesser degree, you will always find the lowlife will find an equally lowlife attorney who will bring you to court even if the police don't file charges.

Of course shooting someone is better than leaving a widow and kids.... If necessary, I'll do so too. But let's face it, the probabilities of facing life threatening situations in daily life in America are probably less than being hit by lightning (BTW.... we have a lot of lightning here in FL!) if you are reasonably careful. I just don't feel the need to carry everytime I put my shoes on. If I lived under circumstances where that was necessary I would seriously think about moving!!

If, as most in this thread seem to concur, you feel the need to carry 100% of the time, go right ahead. I suspect this is more paranoia than need but, I don't have problem with that!

PS..... As the old saying goes: "Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean that someone isn't out to get you"!!

Last edited by CGM; 10-27-2012 at 06:44 PM.