View Single Post

Old 11-03-2012, 02:09 PM

Liked 83 Times in 37 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussC View Post
baccusboy:

I feel like a broken record. I don't mean to disrespect you but If I had a shell for every time I got on this forum to explain that my Shield is a POCKET gun I would own a case of shells.

I will say it for the one-millionth time.

The stock rear Shield sight catches on most average size pockets (34 x 32 pleated slacks in my case) when you do a quick draw.

If you stick with the flush magazine and change out the stock sights for XS Big Dot the rear XS sight which is a lower profile sight with rounded edges and beveled forward design will not catch even with quick pocket draws.

I wear 34 x 32 pleated slacks from Sam's Club and the front pocket is very average in size and for 10 hours per day I POCKET conceal my Shield 9mm and no one in my office has a clue. (I am very mobile at work and the Shield in my pocket is just fine)

I practice drawing my Shield from my Desanti model E1 and in 1 1/2 seconds I can pocket draw, sweep safety, acquire target, and dry fire.

The Shield trumps the compact for concealment because thinness is critical for pocket concealment and the M&PC9 is 1/4 inch thicker which will stand out in average pant pockets and scream gun. I know I have tried pocket concealing the Glock 26 which is just as thick as the M&PC9 and it screams gun from my pocket.

If a person plans to IWB you can get away with a double stack like the M&P compact, however, I am not interested in wearing a second layer of clothing to cover the holster especially in 100 degree weather.

The Shield provides more concealment options over the compact, has a better trigger and is 100% reliable and that is why I own the Shield.

Russ
Amen Russ, pocket carry all the way. After owning a Kahr PM40, CM9, K9 and a Diamondback 9(junk by the way), I definitely lean towards all guns pocketable. The Shield works for me. IWB I would still favor the Shield. Night stand or house gun, the Compact or full size would be preferable.