View Single Post

Old 11-12-2012, 12:31 PM

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Question 351PD Ammo - ? about grains

I bought my 351PD at the Houston Gun Show Saturday and haven't fired it yet. I'm an old gal, so please don't beat me up too much for my question....

I'm the sort that reads the instructions....it's a girl thing....and on page 12, I see a "CAUTION: Do not use Magnum loadings with bullet weights of less than 120 grains - This will reduce the possibility of premature erosion in titanium alloy cylinders."

I'm not at all sure I know what that means, but I'm hoping it is a misprint and actually means don't use MORE than 120 grains because on first look I can't find any WMR ammo that fits their criteria. I also read the part about loading it and firing four rounds and then removing the 5th and checking it out for unseating. I plan on doing that.

I'm really nervous that the Winchester Dynapoint 45 grain ammo that I bought might harm this little beauty. I also have some 22 WMR - 40 gr CPHP - CCI Maxi-Mag to try.

Thank you in advance for any help. Oh, and again, I'm not a troll, just old! I came here to learn not annoy.