View Single Post

Old 11-15-2012, 02:23 PM
US Veteran

Liked 23,784 Times in 6,191 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseldan71 View Post
So there's a psycho patrolling the neighborhoods at night breaking into houses and watching people sleep till they wake up. I loaded the m&p with one in the tube and put it on my nightstand. Does this strike anyone as unsafe? Has anyone else done the same?
A couple of things: first of all no one is getting into our bedroom without making plenty of noise to wake us up. we are set up like this intentionally.

2nd, All the kids are long gone so it's just me and the Mrs.

In our case I consider not only safe but advisable to have my Glock-21 (full size .45 auto) fully loaded with a round in the chamber and a tactical light on the rail ready and at hand.

If we are every disturbed by someone breaking in then the plan is that I pick up the Glock and the wife rolls off the far side of the bed and calls 911.

My side of the bed is 7 1/2' from the threshold of the bedroom door. In the event of a break in I am not going to go through the house looking for the intruder. I don't want to shoot anyone over a TV or any "propery". That is what insurance is for.

Our bedroom is dark. There is a night light in the hall bathroom that illuminates the bedroom doorway without illuminating anything in the bedroom. Someone standing there would not be able to see anything in the room but would be in clear view from my position on the bed. If they get into that position then my perception changes to "in fear of the life and safety of me and my wife....they will be shot.

A couple of rounds before turning on the tac lite and then lite 'em up to determine if more is needed.

I know everyones situation is different and we must all determine what is needed for our own set of circumstances and level of preparedness. For us, the above is our plan and we are stick' to it.
The Following 7 Users Like Post: