View Single Post

Old 11-15-2012, 06:48 PM
Absent Comrade

Liked 1,531 Times in 729 Posts

There is no best gun, there is no best defense round, and there is no best action. Choosing a gun is like squeezing on a balloon. Push in one place and it pops out somewhere else.

Autoloaders, some people without a lot of hand strength cannot work the action. Whether it is real or not, the idea is they tend to jam from time to time.

Revolvers, bulkier, heavier, and limited usually to six rounds or less.

I had a LEO friend who told me that during a silent alarm he dropped his revolver on the concrete floor of a department store. Nothing was found and after his shift he went to unload the revolver. He couldn't get the cylinder to open and he couldn't get the cylinder to turn.

I bought a .22 revolver used, took it to the range and test fired it. About one in 8 rounds wouldn't go off in the SA mode. Shooting DA almost none would go off. Apparently it had a weak mainspring. (I took it back).

I carry a Kel Tec PF-9. All of my possible carry guns are autos except for a Taurus 44C snub nosed .44 magnum I bought for hiking. I chose it because it was a concealable .44, not because it was a wheelgun.
Luke 22:36