View Single Post

Old 11-25-2012, 06:08 PM

Liked 2,270 Times in 1,273 Posts
Talking Range Report 11/25/12 w/pics + 11/30 range report

Ok I went out for about an hour and a half to check some of my reloads and just to shoot. I took my new Sport (as of yet unnamed) and my CyberSport. I had reinstalled my 6-24x50 scope and had boresighted it but wanted to check it. I set up my Range @100 yards and was shooting reloaded 55gr Nosler Varmageddon, Midsouth Varmint Nightmare Extremes HP, Hornady V-max and Hornady 53gr V-max. All loaded with 27.4gr of CFE223 and using Wolf .223 primers. I really had a good day of shooting. I thought I was shooting very well and then I picked up the new Sport with the CMC trigger and shot 6 of the 53gr V-max through it. The pictures will tell the story of what a difference a nice trigger can make. I am still blown away. First will be picks of the rifles and my set up then the targets.
the new Sport
the CyberSport
10 shots to get checked out 55gr V-max
5 shots the nightmare X's
7 shots Varmageddons
6 shots 53gr V-max out of Cybersport
6 shots out of the BuffaloHunter60's Sport with the CMC trigger. I am now totally convinced that a trigger upgrade is if not the most important is pretty high up there. I have my trigger on the CyberSport polished with a spring kit, I am going to look very hard at the CMC trigger and see if I can duplicate it with one of the extra trigger assemblies I have. Anyway great time shooting even if I was by myself and didnt spend a lot of time.

Last edited by oneyeopn; 11-30-2012 at 08:05 PM. Reason: added range report for 11/30!
The Following 4 Users Like Post: