View Single Post

Old 11-27-2012, 01:29 PM

Liked 2,270 Times in 1,273 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaPes View Post
Grover,

I completely understand. I've modified two stock combat triggers with polishing stones, Dremel tool, cotton swabs with polishing compound, and springs. I spent an hour installing, testing, tweaking until it was just right. I believe that I am at the limit of the stock combat trigger.

I liken it to my Ruger 10/22 trigger. I worked on the stock trigger & made it feel better. But no matter what I did, the stock components didn't feel as superb as the Power Custom hammer & sear.

I've researched the RRA 2-Stage Match & Varmint trigger, and found too many mixed reviews. I've heard nothing but good things about the Geissele & Timney. Now both Grover & John give glowing endorsements of the CMC.

I can get a RRA 2-Stage for $92. I can also go the "in for a penny, in for a pound" route and lay out the $200.

Either way it's going to have to wait until after Christmas. I'm a procrastinator, and still have presents to buy.
I thought I was at the limit until today, I took the spare sport trigger I had and worked it hard with a file, dremel, polishing compound and polishing wheel. I kept the edges very sharp. Anyway now I have 4.5lbs of trigger pull. The take up is so slick that you dont really feel it other than the trigger comes back. and then when you hit resistance it is a quick snap with very little over travel. I honestly am surprised at how much difference it made, especially polishing the wear surfaces. Now will come the moment of truth. How does it shoot and not with just a snap cap. I hope to report back with good results and if it does work like it acts I will include pictures.

Last edited by oneyeopn; 11-27-2012 at 03:34 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: