View Single Post

Old 11-28-2012, 07:34 PM
Banned

Liked 576 Times in 307 Posts

Reloading pays off on the first box that you pay off your equipment. If you are judicious and only buy basic equipment, then, that can come pretty early. If not, like me, you never really get it paid off unless you shoot in competition.

BUT, (there is always one of them) you will shoot much more for the disposable income that you have. Case in point: You have $30 a week that you can spend on ammunition. If you purchase ammo, that is one box of Winchester White Box, maybe 100 rounds, and then you are done. Now, load your own....A box of 100, 230gr 45ACP loads at most will only cost you $8-$10, and that is incredibly high. So, now you can shoot 300 rounds for that $30 of disposable income. You are going to spend that money anyway, it just doesn't get any different than that. You might as well shoot more for that same $30.

Now, as Bob has said, start casting, get your lead from local tire shops for nearly nothing and the cost per box, my cost, can drop to $3/100. So, for that same $30, I can now shoot 1000 rounds.

Usually, what you do though is spend some of that left over money for other things, like more tools, moulds, components, different dies to load different calibers.....

And at that point, you will know that you are bit...............

One of my "by lines" on a forum that allows long ones is:
"EVERY shooter should be a reloader and EVERY reloader should be a bullet caster! GET STARTED TODAY!"
The Following 2 Users Like Post: