View Single Post

Old 12-01-2012, 11:04 AM

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

Thanks for all the great comments and the pictures. I've carried my Sigma 9VE cocked and locked since 2004, when I was robbed and fired upon. During the hearings and the trial I was followed and chased by thugs, and my rear van window was shot out one night. I depend on my gun for my life. I'm glad Smith and Wesson is still working that design and improving on it. If the newer models are anything like my 9-year-old 9VE, they will protect and serve for many years. My hat's off to S&W. If I could afford one more gun, I would go out and get a new SD9VE today.

By the way, my 9VE passed the 5,000 round mark a while back. I don't even keep count now. I've worn out two or three recoil springs. It keeps on ticking. I remember how hard it was to shoot to my 9VE when I first got it. Now it's smoothe as silk. I doesn't rattle unless the slide is locked open.

In case you're wondering -- The robber did 5 years. After that, I watched for him in case he came after me and my family for putting him away. Last September he was shot in the back and the head. I didn't follow the story, but I figure he's dead. I need to get some of that Hornady "Zombie Max" ammo just in case!

Magazines -- Will the new models take the old mags, especially the 17-rounders? I should change my username to "18shooter." For the past 5 or 6 years I have carried two 17-round mags. I keep three 10-round mags in my range case. I have fired several 300-round sessions with slow lead bullets, as well as a couple of even longer sessions with jacketed bullets. My 9VE will shoot anything I load into it, even +P "premium" ammo, which I no longer carry. (I shoot standard pressure ammo better.) The only modification I have made to my 9VE was to polish the feed ramp.

I expect you'll get many years of service from this little gem. Good luck.