View Single Post

Old 12-13-2012, 08:15 PM

Liked 3,097 Times in 1,175 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MH8675309 View Post
I used a 32 revolver once to slaughter a pig and it just made a hole in the pigs head. The pig didnt even act like it was shot. I grabbed a 22 and shot it and it dropped right there. Although I wouldnt want to be shot with a 32 I never looked at that caliber quite the same,,
sometimes stuff happens..years ago back on the farm my dad and i were getting ready to butcher some steers, same as we did every year ,he was pulling out a 22 rifle to dispatch the critter when i asked dad why dont you use your 45?he had a blackhawk with 4 5/8 barrel and some hot hand loads so he figured ok try it out ... the first shot was in the forehead ,right between the eyes and up an inch, well that steer just kinda looked surprised lowered his head maybe 2 inches and locked his legs standing in the corral with stream of blood shooting from his forehead that reminded me of a garden hose turned on about halfway, 4-5 more shots and the thing finally went down.
a couple months ago i reminded my father of that day i told him that the steer was probably dead after the first shot and he replied "no way! it sure looked alive to me ,ill never trust a handgun again!" in fact he wont even use a 22 on steers anymore, he goes straight to his mod 700 7mm mag.
my dad is/was a hardass but this one bothered him.