View Single Post

Old 12-15-2012, 07:15 PM
US Veteran

Liked 25 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman9207 View Post
Looks like after the dent to the pocketbook from Xmas has settled a bit we are both going to take a CHL class together. It is only a matter of time before we are lucky enough to find an M&P9 Shield but in the meantime we were hoping for some suggestions for another similar carry gun. I've only looked at a couple smaller guns so far. The only two I have peeked at are the LC9 and the Nano. I like the general size of those. My brother really likes his LCP but I'm not so sure I want a pocket gun. We are leaning towards a thinner gun and would kind of prefer a 9mm but are open. Once again your suggestions and help are greatly appreciated!
I have the LC9 now your talking about a long trigger pull, Keltec makes one similar to the LC9. The Nano no comment. Take a look at a Walther PPS. I have a LCP and I only carry it to business meetings, no power. I have three Shields (2) 9mm and (1) .40 are they great guns. I have the nice collection of Rugers, the SR9C, SR40C, LCP, LC9, SR22 and Glocks 19,26,23,27. I would put the SR9C, SR40C up against a Shield, they about $ 399.00, they are larger and heavier, not really a problem. Now Kahr PM9, I carry that 50% of the time, my Glock 27 Gen 4 25% of the time and switch back a forth between my SRs and PPS the other 25% of the time. All the gun I carry have over 2000 rounds through them, so I trust them. If want top shelf look at a Solo, they are picky about the ammo you use. Well, that's my 2 cents.