View Single Post

Old 12-18-2012, 06:10 PM

Liked 33 Times in 17 Posts

I am from a contry where it is not allowed to carry a gun or use a gun for home defense. I can only use a gun on a range (from .22 up to .357 for handguns). It takes from 3 weeks to 3 months to get a permission for a handgun. I can have the guns and ammunition at home locked in a safe. I should have very good reason to use a handgun against an intruder. I have to prove that this was the only way I would not be killed by the intruder......more or less. That is how it is here. Because an intruder knows that he is relative safe it is rare that it ends up violent. Normally they just want money and they do not want to kill people. It is very rare a person just want to kill.

But.....how often have you needed your "carry gun" for self defense? .....the importance of carry a gun for self defense.....it may be "overrated" compared to other risks here in life?

If you use a gun for self defense.....and maybe kill a person.....how good reasons should you have? .....I guess such a case will end up in the court? .....for an intruder in your house....is that a good reason.....even if he is unarmed? ....are there any rules for how to use the gun....e.g. first step point the gun a the person....and tell him to leave....and if not....a warning shot......and if not...then a hit-shot?

If you draw a gun...in a public area...without fire it......will such a case normally end up i court? ....and it will be evaluated if this was ok to draw the gun?