View Single Post

Old 12-20-2012, 01:18 AM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolewine View Post
Well that’s not what happened to me. In less than one week I received a phone call from a gentleman at republic. We had a very nice conversation. He is getting ready to retire from the New York Times as a repair machinist. He has done a proto type and had it sent to a cnc shop for production. The first batch I think he said was 200. He called me again yesterday to tell me he received his first batch and was going down his list, am I still interested? Well I almost couldn’t contain myself; I have wanted one of these since I bought the gun. He told me one would be in the mail that day, and if I liked it send him a check for $35.00 if not send it back. Good old fashion business! On that note a word to the wise, he called me for a reason. He does not play well with PCs. His kids have to open his e-mail. So CALL HIM!! He is also open to any ideas you may have for custom 22a parts. I’m sending him pictures of the mag. extensions I had made.
Regards
Brett

Attachment 79582
I can second all that. I spoke with Mike at Republic Machine today after getting my slide racker in the mail (he may take a day to call you back), and he says he has sold about 170 out of the original run of 200 rackers. He is open to suggestions for the '2nd Gen' if you have any.

I suggested, if possible, less aggressive splines where the racker engages the slide cuts (they are very sharp and will probably cut the paint slightly at the rear end of the slide's second groove). Unfortunately, the current splines are a necessity of the CNC operation at this price point.

I also suggested a second model racker of a symmetric design, like the aft/out tapered serrated bolt ears on a Ruger MKIII 22/45.

Mike can be reached at
Republic Machine Trading, LLC.
Carteret, NJ. 07006-2911
973-943-7215

He plans a website sometime next year when he gets his new storefront established.

The [email protected] email address is still only monitored/managed by his kids, and that's going the long way around to get hold of him. Call him directly, and leave a message if he doesn't answer.

Rich
The Following User Likes This Post: