View Single Post

Old 12-22-2012, 04:57 AM

Liked 2,141 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb2phkingood View Post
appreciate the reply, but I am only interested in regular muffs for several reasons. So do you have an opinion on the 3 I listed? If not, no worries at all! Thanks!

EDIT* since you replied about electronic hearing on my other post too, I'll clarify my thoughts a little more. I already have a set of combat ear plugs that allow me to hear regular noise up to 85db and then shuts it out thereafter. When I hear that "bump" in the middle of the night, I want to hear regularly. I do not want super hearing which could make me think the burglar is closer to me than he really is, etc. These ear muffs would just be at the range where I will use them over my ear plugs to double protect myself. Thanks!
Well, pretty much any of those will work for that. As far as that concern about not being able to track sound, it doesn't really happen that way.
With stereo hearing you can locate sound just like normal hearing, and you can either turn them up or down as the situation dictates. If you haven't tried them you should- everyone I've let use mine ends up getting a set for themselves. I have some old Peltors from Dillon, and some of the Caldwell from Midway. The Caldwell aren't as good as the Peltor, but they are great for when I have a guest at the range and want to be able to give them some instruction. Last time I went shooting one of my forum buds was with me, he has some Peltors, and we were having a normal conversation while we were shooting. Can't do that with regular muffs!