View Single Post

Old 12-23-2012, 01:11 PM

Liked 90 Times in 46 Posts

There are some people who "DRINK THE KOOL-AID" when it comes to S+W.This Model 36 with a born on date of 6/12 had a barrel so badly canted to the right that if I had to use it at 10 feet without aiming before testing it I may be very dead today.This failed 3 points in quality testing and should have never left the factory.This is highly unacceptable when you are making a product that may be used to save the buyer's life one day.When it got sent back after this I got the letter adjusted to factory specs with vice marks on the gun.In 25 rounds it was so canted right the cylinder ejector rod could not engage the frame.They cared sooo much they just twisted the barrel back.After round 3 they "Got around " to taking off and replacing the DEFECTIVE BARREL which should have been done to ascertain if the barrel or frame threading or both were bad THE FIRST TIME.Thank God I look at the barrels of my guns instead of just shooting them and PRAY that S+W did the job right to begin with....JMHO.....Mike

Last edited by Cruiser RN; 12-23-2012 at 01:24 PM.