View Single Post

Old 12-27-2012, 11:55 AM
Banned

Liked 552 Times in 245 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkk41 View Post
Hmmm , while I agree in principle , this certainly did not happen with the National Firearms Act of 1937 and full-autos. If you had a machine gun , you registered it , and if you sold it , you paid a $200 transfer tax. Which shockingly, hasn't gone up. $200 was a lot of money in '37. Approx. $3200 today.

Crimes , murders and suicides with legally owned and registered full-autos is practically non-existant.

And aside from freezing the number of legally transferable MGs in '86, the politicos have made NO hay over legally owned and registered MGs that I know of. At least on the Federal level.

The problem today is the first time a multiple shooting is on the news , legally owned and registered or not , the registration fee becomes yearly. And with every event after that , the tax gets raised.
Good points. As I see it, lost in all the emotion is the fact that any legislation will result in new revenue for the federal government, which already is siphoning off too much in taxes, fees, etc. Look for new federal and/or state taxes on all ammunition sales.

Last edited by Joewisc; 12-27-2012 at 11:57 AM.