View Single Post

Old 12-30-2012, 01:34 PM

Liked 36 Times in 21 Posts

Are the new Smiths bad? I don't know... but they sure are a hell of a lot better then the revolvers Colt isn't making.

I think the biggest deal about the hole on the Smiths is more where it's located rather then any malfunctioning concerns. My Ruger LCR has the same lock hidden under the handle, and nobody seems to be complain about it. I didn't even know it had the lock until after I bought it. Likewise, the Taurus' locks are placed in a much less conspicuous area on their guns.

True, I wouldn't want the lock on an aluminum J-Frame carry gun (and my 642 doesn't have one ), but on the larger steel revolvers it should be a non issue, other then aesthetically speaking. One is probably far more likely to have an FTF or FTE with a semi-auto during a critical moment then ever to have one of these revolver locks accidentally engage.

Still, if I had a choice I would rather have no locks, as I feel it should be up to me if I need to have a safety put on it, and not up to those who THINK they know what's best for me. In which in case I would just go out and buy an external trigger lock.

Last edited by Chris L.; 12-30-2012 at 01:47 PM.