View Single Post

Old 01-06-2013, 07:16 PM

Liked 611 Times in 277 Posts

Hey guys and dolls, thanks so far for the input. It has helped me to consider a couple issues. I didnt mean for it to become a comparison to a shotgun, that was my error in how I phrased my post.

I was originally curious about what you thought about the 410 loads that are available as home defense. I have shot the various loads like the Winchester PDX1 and they have some merrit at close proximity but I believe they are not as effective at distance past 10 feet. (based on my trips to the range and the holes in the paper)

The Mrs does have a 38 at bedside that I keep loaded with 38 +P for her, it has a really smooooooth trigger and she is confident with it. (and surprisingly very accurate) She just likes the IDEA of the Judge but not handling it. The trigger on the Judge is too much for her to pull and keep aim. So she'll be keepping the 38 nearby.

I'll probably keep the Judge (for now) because I get a kick to load with 45LC Cowboy loads and see all the black smoke after each pull of the trigger. Its a pain to clean and my hands get really dirty shooting but its fun. Guess I'll find a different member of the safe to sell.