View Single Post

Old 01-09-2013, 01:05 AM

Liked 267 Times in 75 Posts

Yea what they said!!! Also- your red dot has mass. I am not familiar with the sight you are using but the tech sheet that came with your red dot should tell you how big the dot is. For instance, if it is a 1MOA dot, it will take up 1 circular inch at 100 yards, 1/2 inch at 50 and so on. A 1moa dot is the best you'll ever see- and pay $$$$. I have heard of 4-7MOA red dots which would give you a spread between 4-7 inches at 100 yards. Remember- 1MOA at !00yrds= 1/2 MOA at 50yrds = 1/4MOA at 25yrds or 75feet-- A 1MOA dot will give you a 1/4" group at 75feet barring other factors- Multiply this by whatever size dot you have- ANd that is as tight a group as physically possible with that site. The laser and site should occupy the same space at whatever range you zero the weapon to. I personally do not like lasers- they make you lazy and slow- You spend more time looking for this tiny red/ green light rather than engaging the target.

Rules to remember- 1.Sight alignment, 2.trigger press, 3.follow- through.

1. nuf said-- 2. press- no pulling, slapping, jerking. The bang should be a surprise- if you've got a stock trigger, you have a fair amount of "take up" before the sear and disconnector release the hammer. press all the creep out of it, exhale(we'll get to that later) and continue a slow steady press until you hear bang---- do not release the trigger right away-

3. Follow-through- It takes time for the bullet to exit the barrel. If you release the trigger to soon, you can jerk the weapon and send your round off the mark. Hold the trigger down after the bang for a 1-2 count, then release and feel the reset travel- how long it takes to reengage the sear- you will hear an audible click- then release it the rest of the way. You do this a few thousand times and your muscle memory will respond- haha.

have i pontificated enough?

good shooting-
The Following 2 Users Like Post: