View Single Post

Old 01-10-2013, 11:33 AM

Liked 9,429 Times in 4,226 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsmithin View Post
I did one of these for a gentleman who had an"expert"make some reloads for him. Buldged the barrel on a mint model 27. I could not get a barrel at the time, and gunparts had barreles in 44 special. SO I proceded to fit an UNINDEXED cylinder and a 44 special barrel to the gun. What a job. When I was done however, it was the most accurate 44 Special I had ever fired. THen the nitwit told me he never used the sights, just shoots from the hip, like the "real Cowboys do". What a shame. Nice gun though.
The bane of any 'smith's existence... the guy who wants a Rolls Royce then drives it like an old pick-up truck! Take satisfaction in knowing it was a job well done. I can't help but wonder whether the gun's owner was the "expert" who made the overloads in 357 Mag in the first place, though!

It would be nice if those barrels and cylinders were still as ea$y to get now, wouldn't it? BTW, if you want a 5" 44 spl, the Model 27 barrels are going to probably be the most abundant for reboring... they do have a certain mystique about them, though.

Froggie