View Single Post

Old 01-17-2013, 12:26 AM

Liked 215 Times in 104 Posts
Default My Wife on Self Defense

She and I have been having a lot of conversations about this.

She was brought up in a, "Guns are bad, mmkay." house. Her mother is AGHAST that I own a revolver, let alone a Ruger 10/22 Assault Rifle (snicker, her words).

My wife LOVES shooting, but the influence of her mother has her waffling at times. She is more comfortable with the idea of guns because I was a range officer at a Boy Scout camp for several summers, and she's watched me with my little ones when I have the guns out. My 5 year old and I discuss gun safety, and the rules for safe handling whenever she wants to look at them. (She thinks the 10/22 is awesome and can't wait until she's a little bigger and I teach her to shoot it. She also wants her own BB gun since in her words, she's too little for a rifle yet.)

My wife looked at me the other night and told me she was worried a bit about having guns in the house with the little ones. But then she watches the news, and says its because of the little ones that she is GLAD we have guns in the house.

My wife's response to today's stuff. If they can take our guns "for our own good" whats to say they can't take our kids? It is for that reason that she practices at the range. Mama bear isn't going to sit idly by while someone messes with her cubs.

(Heh, she then approved another purchase today as soon as I have the money to make it and find the right gun at the right price.)

I almost think its funny how the gun grabbers have now pushed her (a former fence sitter on the gun issue) to the point where she's wanting to buy. She figures if someone doesn't want her to be able to buy them as bad as they seem to there must be good reasons to have them. Haha
The Following 8 Users Like Post: