View Single Post

Old 01-17-2013, 01:08 PM

Liked 2,358 Times in 1,117 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiRebel View Post

I then wonder if it seemed just as crazy in 1925 to think that in just 20 years several million men, women, and children would lie dead to the most efficient murder machine in human history. I know from historical accounts that the Americans who discovered camps were looking at the face of evil and STILL had a hard time BELIEVING what they were seeing.
In 1985 I stood in front of the ovens in Dachau and the smell was still strong. I walked through the showers where gas came from the shower heads and the doors on both ends slid open so bulldozers could push out the bodies. I walked through the bunk houses where starving men were forced to sleep on top of each other and were worked until they were near death. I saw the pictures.

I knew it was real and still could not comprehend how it could have ever happened.

This is why the second amendment was written. Power corrupts and weapons are power. If we could go back in time and arm every holocaust victim with a 9mm handgun how would history have changed?

Those weapons were removed slowly, over time and nobody ever suspected the unthinkable would happen.

We must learn from history.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: