View Single Post

Old 01-25-2013, 10:31 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 10,256 Times in 4,863 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootist1954 View Post
I have a new M&P 9mm and have been advised to use grease on the slide and not oil...
In general I agree with the slide/rotate guideline mentioned, but it is not quite that simple. It will be on an M&P because nothing there fits tight.

I am something of a lubrication bon vivant and am always on the prowl for something new. I probably have more little tubes, bottles and jars of grease and oil sitting around than most, and they will all work OK for the M&P. I prefer something with Molysulfide, for a new gun in particular, but to be honest I am more interested in the type of container the grease comes in than the grease itself. If it is a nifty little tube with a pointy nozzle that I can use to easily get that grease right where I want it with minimum mess, I think it is the berries!

For the rotators, I have been known to steal Blue Juice from the son's trumpet case for the barrel of the yoke in my S&Ws, but I will lower myself to Rem-Oil or, better still, Browning Gun Oil, if I have to. Those containers with the little metal needle that assists in dropping that oil exactly where you want it are - as the young people like to say - "the bomb!"

For those in-between applications I cling to the remains of my supply of beloved LSA.

When it comes to lubricating your pistols, style is everything.

Last edited by M29since14; 01-25-2013 at 10:38 AM.