View Single Post

Old 01-27-2013, 02:10 PM
Absent Comrade

Liked 7,201 Times in 3,064 Posts

Shirley followed me to my next job near my home in wisconsin. She was a beautiful young widow with a 3 year old fine son. She wouldnt behave herself and I tried to send her back to west virginnia. She refused to leave. I put her up in a apartment, stocked her, her son and another GF of hers in similar straights up in groceries. Once I had them moved in I yelled "You wont ever see me again as I left.
That didnt last though. About a month later I was driveing through that small town and see her walking. (I really was headed to see the landloard and pay him another month if she was still there) I pulled over and she laid it on me that the landlord had locked up her luggage thinking he wasnt going to get his rent, the red cross was comeing tomorrow to get son brian so she could find work and GF eileen had run off with a guy. I went and got her stuff after a fight with the landlord, loaded her and brian up in my car and took them to my folks house. My folks were bible thumpers and mom was up but dad was in bed. The next morning as he was leaveing for work he called me down and had his bible in his hand. He told me what the bible had to say about my shennagians. She better not be here when I get home tonight! By that time shirley got next to my mother. I had a contract about 75 miles away and was gone for the week. Mom took off from her job trying to find a job for shirley. A few days of that and pa told mom either she leaves or you do! Finaly mom got ahold of her mom and finaly got here agree to let her come home.
Mom was to put her on the train but shirley locked herself "accidently" in the house while mom was putting her luggage in the car. They were late to the depot but the train was late too!
My job took me to california. I quit the job and got a job working security for universal movie studios. I met brian keith and casualy mentioned the story that her sons name was also brian keith. The next day he brought in a nice autographed picture of himself and the dog, "Old yeller" and told me to mail it to the boy. I did along with some fired blank ammo I found by a horse trough on the lot. Didnt put a return adress though. A few years later I was on a flight from chicago and met a merchant seaman that also was from parkersberg. That left to swapping storys and we found we both had dated shirley. When we got off the plane we both were drunk as lords. That didnt go so good with the GF that was there to pick me up!
The Following User Likes This Post: