View Single Post

Old 01-31-2013, 03:00 AM

Liked 94 Times in 38 Posts

Love this thread! Looked at the Judge and was sold - even with the negative reports....then discovered the Governor. All my revolvers (except the NAA mouse gun) are S&W. Looking for an apartment defense gun and maybe a car gun...and for sure a hiking gun. My LGS is trying to find me one....but I'm not optimistic there are any to be had these days. Hope so. And special thanks for all the leather info. Love Galco's work - maybe prejudice since I used to live in "The Slope" where the factory is...but last two pistols had to go with other holster makers since they didn't offer much for them. Good to see I can go back to Galco if my LGS finds me a Governor.

Did a LOT of snake hunting in the Arizona deserts (they're delicious!) but back then used my .38 Special service revolver with a snake load. Developed an alcohol fueled - give the snake a fair chance - technique of sticking the barrel right at the rattlesnake (mostly Mohaves)...the snake would strike the end of the barrel and I'd pull the trigger and there'd be no head to bury. The barrel on the Governor looks a tad short for that technique..

And all the other threads I've read about Judge vs. Governor the S&W comes out on top for quality every time. I'm sold. I want one. I've ordered one. Now I'm just waiting....probably for a couple years the way things are going....might get lucky though...never know.

Also practiced home defense with my shotgun and it is just way too long to be effective in my cluttered home.
The Following User Likes This Post: